What is a Doula?
The word doula comes from ancient Greek and means a woman’s servant.
Today’s doulas are trained professionals who comes alongside women and their families to help women experience birth safely, peacefully and with confidence. A doula will provide you with continuous emotional, physical and educational support wherever and however you choose to give birth.
Here at ABQ Doulas all our doulas…
- Are trained and experienced in techniques designed to ease your discomfort and to help labor progress as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- Work for you, the laboring woman and not for the health care provider or hospital.
- Work as a part of your complete birthing team.
- Come alongside you as your advocate, encourager, guide, comforter, resource, and friend.
Research shows that Moms who use doulas…
- Have shorter labors with fewer complications.
- Have less Pitocin, forceps, vacuum extraction, Cesarean births
pain medications less
- Are more satisfied with their birth experience
- Are more satisfied with their partner
- Have less